bloggercaps

disturb me.

Friday, October 15, 2004

a flash-based blog

ok. i am thinking of making me a new flash-based webbie, and i gotta do it now, while i have the time. anyhow, that would mean putting my blog in there. so... either i find a way to incorporate my blogger account into my blog or i create a totally new xml-based blog.

let me lay it down, so i can clear my head, too.

if i want a blog from scratch, i can do it in 2 ways in xml, as far as i know.

1. i can just write my blog entries in the xml file itself. i update only the xml file, but it's going to be a bitch, coding my entries, if i want it stylized. then i'd just get a tagboard for comments.

or

2. i can script a whole blog maker. as in i don't upload anything. i just log into my flash site with a password (easy enough to do), then use a form for my blog just like in blogger, then append the content of the form to the xml. but i see one big problem with that: fine, it appends the xml, but it will be gone as soon as the movie clip ends because i don't think it can save the file especially if it's in geocities or even if it was in my yahoo briefcase.

grrr...


if anyone else knows another way to make a blog in flash, i would gladly appreciate the help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home