bloggercaps

disturb me.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

taskeen's prayer

Disturb us, O Lord
when we are too well-pleased with ourselves;
when our dreams have come true because we dreamed too little
when we have arrived in safety because we sailed too close to the shore.
Disturb us, O Lord
when with the abundance of things we possess we have lsot our thirst for the water of Life;
when, having fallen in love with time, we have ceased to dream of Eternity;
and in our efforts to build the new earth have allowede our vision for the New Heaven to grow dim.
Stir us, O Lord
to dare more boldy
to venture on wider seas
where storms shall show Thy mastery
where losing sight of land
we shall find the stars
In the Name of Him who pushed back the horizons of our homes and invited the brave to follow Him,
Amen.

**********

i am so blown away. this is beautiful. i want this to be my mantra. maybe i should post it on my wall?

"i dare."

i want to be able to say that, and know that it's true.

i dare to pursue my dreams, but what are my dreams?

i have many dreams, sure, but i think i have to choose only two or three that really matter.

i just hope i'm brave enough to do them. i'm scared of failure, and that's probably why i haven't really dared to try. so that if i fail, i can say "well, it's not like i was really trying." and that is bad. that is cowardly. and that was me.

and i hope i say "was" truthfully. i don't want to be like that anymore. if i don't try, then let it be for the right reasons, like not being really interested. except that sometimes, it's hard to catch myself.

argh. please let me not be daunted by my fears. and go for the perfect try. please let me not be all talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home