bloggercaps

disturb me.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

the introspective nomad

i changed the title of my blog. yes.

just for kicks. no, seriously, i simply decided it was time for a change, and the phrase "introspective nomad" described me perfectly.

i think too much about ... everything (i really hope that's not some sort of mental disorder). and lately, i've been thinking a lot about me thinking a lot about me (sick, but that's they way the world turns, i'm not kidding). and i came to the conclusion that while it's ok to "contemplate" (the quotation marks are because of philo), there comes a point when you pat yourself too many times on the back and it becomes vanity. other times, you worry so much about things you can't change. and a lot of time, you just find out a lot about yourself: which can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on whether or not you're honest with yourself.

see, the thing is, contemplating on one's life as plato recommends is good, but it won't work if you're not honest with yourself. i mean, it's not like you have to share your thoughts with the rest of the world! but the things that you find out can do you a world of good--if you act on them.

it's sounds really vain and self centered, but i'm my own observer, which means that i'm a harsh critic. because the thing is, although i find a lot of things to be desired in myself, i don't seem to do anything about them. i get caught up in other things, in procrastination. i hate to say it, but i'm kind of lazy and a coward.

so before you all hate me, let's move on to the second part of the description, which is NOMAD. i decided that it sounded better than wanderlust. i mean, yeah, wanderlust is my affliction, but ... it's been on the top of the page so long! i guess i'm not really a nomad, more like a nomad-wannabe. haha. i think i've explained my love of travel often enough, so i'll cut this blog short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home