bloggercaps

disturb me.

Sunday, July 25, 2004

a natural high

the most wonderful natural high for me is plotting and planning all the fun places i'm going to go after i graduate and free from scholarly obligations.

i was such a geek last night, looking for apartments and jobs in new york, checking out the pictures and the prices (it's expensive! i never knew renting could be so expensive...), and the salaries of jobs i could get.

i've explained before this need for me to get out there. i love my family and the philippines and all, but i just want to experience a new, different life before i settle down here (because i do plan to settle here). and i want to do it while i'm young! anyway, i don't know if i can wait and have one year of experience here before i go flying off to another country. i've waited this long, haven't i? life's too short. if i can find a decent job in one of my dream places, i'll probably go.

just this morning i saw this movie, euro trip. it was a totally teeny movie, but ... they went all over europe!!! i was so jealous of them... anyway, they got cheap tickets to europe by becoming couriers: as in, they'd just deliver some packages when you get there--a VERY small price to pay for a cheap ticket. i mean, come on!!! anyway, i only wish they had those kinds of services in the philippines, although i doubt it!!!

when i leave (yes, "when." it makes it more real to me. heck, it is real to me), i am really really going to miss my friends and family. i only hope that people won't cut me out of their lives just because i won't be seeing them for a while. gah. argh.

tonight, i research on hawai'i. tomorrow, italy!

(as soon as i finish snow country and my thesis requirements, of course)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger sumthinblue said…

    weird mo, ako ayaw mo paalisin. tas ikaw lalayasan mo rin kami. :) maybe we can see each other wherever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home