bloggercaps

disturb me.

Saturday, April 24, 2004

wanderlust

i changed the title of my blog from "the klutz jumped over the loon" (gee, what a mouthful!) to "wanderlust"

see, that's why the url of my blog was itchyfoot in the first place. i did try wanderlust, i think, but it was already taken. anyway, i bring this topic up because i've been thinking about my life. yes, folks, i'm not wasting my summer (well, maybe a little).

i've thought about what i want to do after college a lot, and i wanted to concretize it. i don't know how i'm supposed to accomplish them all, but i damn well will try.

so here's the list, ladies and gentlemen: tell me what you think!

What I want to do after college:

1. travel the world
* become a tour guide?
* become a flight stewardess? (check height requirement)
2. live in hawai'i
3. be a dedicated environmentalist
4. write and illustrate children's books
5. learn kickboxing
6. undergo training for adventure racing (i.e. become a mountaineer)
7. write for a tech magazine and get to try out those cool new stuff and write reviews
8. put up a second hand bookstore/cafe

i was actually planning to write a long, in-depth blog entry on this, but... my energy escapes me. maybe later?


ok, no, never mind, my enthusiasm has been awakened. see, at the top of my list is "travel the world"
i don't know why, but... i just want to get out of here. not that i don't like my life as it is now, but... it's... lacking. or maybe i just want the freedom of choice: before i settle on what i really want, i want to get a look at the rest of the buffet table. right?

the problem with "travel the world" is that there really are very few jobs that can be adapted to moving around a lot. i mean, sure, maybe i can write for a guidebook or something, but... i dunno. that's one possibility, i guess. another possibility is writing. and oh man, is that hard or what?! i haven't really written in the longest time. not even my blog much, see? so where's the experience??? i could write and illustrate children's books--at least, i can try. the thing is... again, i don't have experience. i'm soooo GREEN!!!

ah... my energy has left again. more on my plans... sometime later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home