bloggercaps

disturb me.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

a worrywart is born

i've always known that i was an insomniac. even my mom regales me with stories about me being a night owl when i was but a little girl.

however, my insomnia has been thrown to a completely new level. it's 0330AM. an hour ago, i was sleepy, so i tried to sleep. i can't sleep without thinking about something, like visualizing in my head what i'll do the next day. but lately, these visual "to do" lists have becoming more and more stressful. today, i kept thinking about my thesis, and how there is less than 3 weeks to go. i mentally scheduled the things i have to do. in the end, i had to get up and put it in a calendar (which, by the way, i slaved over making: you should see it, it's beautiful).

i always knew i had an organized streak in me, but this is ridiculous. this weekend alone, to simply be able to work on my thesis, i rearranged my whole room so that i don't have to work facing the wall. and then, i worked on this calendar made out of cartolina and letter envelopes (my dad said it was impractical for me to waste my time making it).

the thing is, i didn't feel that i could work if i didn't do these things. organized streaks be damned. i never knew i could be this anal.

and now, i'm up, and i can't sleep. i have around 2 hours before i have to get up!

well, hell. if i'm going to lose some sleep, better lose it for a good cause. if i don't fall asleep in the next two hours, i'll be working my ass off either for sir jason moss or for sir rofel brion.

whoopee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home